Sunday, December 13, 2009

Introduction

I started this blog to keep track of my restaurant progress over the years. I currently have three jobs at my restaurant:
  • Host
  • Delivery
  • Cook
The restaurant I work at is fine dining in a scratch kitchen. I will not disclose any information to clue the reader into knowing where the restaurant is or it's name. This way I can be fully honest without worrying about them finding out.

I have been hosting for two months now, I hate it. I only took the hosting job to get my foot in the door. Being a culinary student, my real passion is the kitchen.

Delivery might only be for the holiday season. They aren't sure if they will continue it in January. My job is to wait for a delivery (which never happen) and help run food in the restaurant.

I finally started in the kitchen yesterday. Slowly I will be trained into all the stations. Last night was the cold bar (salads and desserts). I worked a 9 hour shift and it was glorious. I loved every second of it. I did learn however that while torching Creme Brulee, do not have a napkin underneath...it starts on fire.

Hopefully I will be able to write about some interesting experiences of the restaurant. I want to capture the business in full honest nakedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment